As I scroll through the Chirpies Instagram photos of years past I see a pattern. Our 10-year old Jimmy Fancy Feet is more often than not captured digging his paws into mounds of snow. We call him our snowcat and we think that his polydactyl mittens give him an advantage in the snow, with his built-in ‘snowshoes’ the other cats lack. This makes him the leader in catio snow expeditions and the chief shoveler of snow.Read More
Hello furriends! Happy Monday from me, Mr. Jack. If you know anything about me, you know that my main tasks here at the Chirpy household is to keep the peace and spread the communal scent through grooming everyone in my path, heck, even human feet. But that is not the only reason I groom. I also like to groom my coat to keep it in tip-top shape for my selfies. I like my fur and whiskers all in place. But there comes a time when striving for perfection can become stifling, exhausting and rather energy-draining. In today’s haiku, I leave you with my eye-opening realization as I lay on a bed of Autumn leaves… Read More
Hello, it’s Ollie here and I’d like to kick off another edition of Marvelous Monday Haiku to shake off that Monday blues. We spent all weekend trying our best to stay cool. It seems the heat and humidity are back for a brief period just to remind us that we’re still very much in a transitional phase when temperatures are all over the place. Some of us spent time inside, lying on our backs, belly up under the fans, and some of us who like the heat just chilled in our catio as usual. The African Daisies are still in bloom and the bees are hard at work. We like this slow transition, we’re not is a hurry for anything to change. Let nature take its course and we will follow along. In today’s gallery, I invite you into our world and hope this week’s haiku picks will inspire you to stop and savor the moment. Do not let that mountain of work overwhelm you, just sort through it one by one and reach out for help when you need it. My paws have the healing magic touch, just so you know.
- Hello there humanMy paw has the magic touchTo ease your troubles
- Busy Busy beeMake honey while the sun shinesYou still have some time
- I walk in beautyLike an Autumn breeze swaying leavesNot yet upon us
- It's time for snooziesInertia is my best friendWake me up in Fall
- Fresh petals pose brightBerry centre bleeds anewThere's no end in sight
- Slow down Mr. GreyYou walk with purpose knowingThe coming of Fall
- Did you say the sunWill hide its rays in AutumnI will be waiting
- Clouds of fur all bright Your silver lining soothes meWill it rain tonight?
- I will chew on grass Recycled for you later On your kitchen floor
- Trickling of waterI see the fleeting SummerIn my fickle thoughts
How do you deal with your Monday workload? Do the shorter days affect your mood? Grab your first-morning coffee and tell us in the comments below.
Happy Monday and welcome to our second edition of Marvelous Monday Haiku with me, Mr. Jack. Let’s face it, Mondays are a little ‘meh’ and doesn’t score very well in the inspirational department but I have something up my fur sleeves for you. Now, I’m no Einstein (and my humans can attest to that, in fact, I’m the class clown) but I invite you to stoically follow your path, even if it seems a little daunting at first. Abandon those cobwebs of procrastination and reap the rewards of determination. Yes, you read that right, us cats have a lot on our minds. Contrary to exaggerated urban legend and tired old cat stereotypes, we are constantly having to make calculated decisions and challenging our game, like “Do I give chase now or three milliseconds later?” or “How high do I have to jump to get into the food cupboard?” Our brains are constantly on the alert for potential threats and our reflexes are designed to react in a heartbeat, even in our sleep. So as you browse through my gallery of haiku I hope that the parallels you see between our universe and your’s will take the ‘meh’ out of your Monday.
- There's something aheadCoaxing me to carry onWhat is that, a bee?
- So many things ringLoudly in my head up closeThoughts of giving up.
- I will go back nowReality is a blurI'll never get far.
- Evil thoughts be gone!Calling through the maze I reachMy true destiny.
- My journey is donePeaceful tranquil slumber landSun puddling with friends.
- Look me in the eyeGo on and work your magicYour week has begun.
How about you? Are you a procrastinator or do you take the mouse by the whiskers? We’d love to hear from the humans and their kitties below.